Activites during October-November, 2012
Dean Smith met with the Web Team about the Drupal 7 platform and approved:
- the initiative to move forward with a college-wide Drupal 7 platform to replace HTML and older versions of CMS and Drupal 6 sites
- announcement made in the October Deans meeting
- discovery/planning phases begins in November.
Agricultural Communications Services (AgComm) will begin a content assessment of the college home page, category pages, and top navigation links
Draft for the Dean's approval of the strategic plan for the implementation of the college-wide initiative to transition into Drupal 7 platform to include:
- goals, objectives and outcomes
- College-level through department/unit level assistance with content assessments, analysis, development through worksheets, training workshop etc.
- Web page created as a college resource for communication of our Drupal 7 platform, currently we have information online
Recommendations on architecture of site, design opportunities
- Final design for the college theme, and possible customizations for the sites added to the platform
Recommendation of content types, features offered in standard theme
- Approval of the design will lead to the priority of creating next group of sites
- Research site is first major administrative site to be transitioned over after we launch the college home page and it's category pages
Two pilot sites are scheduled for development to test the "breath" of our standard site options.
- Both the Department of Forestry and 4-H Youth Development are in the beginning stages of content assessments their sites.
- Worksheets are being tested and forwarded to departments/units to begin the content assessment of current site.
The College Drupal 7 platform roll-out is dependent on other university initiatives that we are monitoring, possibility new guidelines, so we are not able to give a hard date.
College-level through department/unit level assistance with content assessments, analysis, development through worksheets, training workshop etc.
Recommendations for Governance policies
- Marketing committee authority
- Administrative authority team identified for main college pages to work with Ag Communications Services
- Agricultural Communications Services level of responsibilities